History and monuments
The historical village of Čečelice (first written reference is from 29th March 1252) is one of the oldest in the county of Mělník. According to archeological findings the territory of Čečelice was colonized in the Stone Age, around 4000 BC. The oldest written reference of Čečelice can be seen in a document from 29th March 1252 where a knight, Pabián (Fabián) was witnessed as living in the fort.
Foundation documents of Cecelice
The most dominant feature in Čečelice is the Romanesque church of St. Havel. There is only a tribune and a tower with battlemet left from the Romanesque period. It was rebuilt in Baroque style between the years 1694 and 1711.
There is a memorial of Karel Havlíček Borovský from 1910 and a memorial of Jan Hus from 1823. You can also find a statue of St. Václav (Wenceslas) in the lower part of the village in Družstevní street.
In Dlážděná street there is a small chapel. The village is surrounded by several small chapels and crosses.